The Product Design Strategist has a deep understanding of human-centered design and is responsible for:
• Problem definition and strategic approach, partnering with product leaders to define and diagnose business challenges and market problems.
• Proactive user experience (UX) research to do discovery and scoping on identified business challenges and market problems through qualitative and quantitative research methods, synthesizing, and translating findings UX deliverables to inform product design direction.
UX strategy to facilitate design-thinking workshops to identify opportunities to create new value for consumers and gain product and leadership alignment on short-term and long-term vision.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Experience applying human-centered design approaches, methods, and tools to solve complex problems in enterprise organizations.
• Experience with user research—survey, contextual, ethnographic, analytics, as examples.
• Experience rapidly conducting secondary research—industry trends, market scan, and competitive research.
• Experience crafting insight-based documents and presentations driven by an empathetic understanding of user and market needs—personas, experience maps, wireframes, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, facilitate collaboration, and align teams with diverse perspectives through physical and virtual workshop methods.
• Collaborate with project teams to define small-bet testable experiments to evaluate potential solutions.
• Experience designing scalable digital and omnichannel experiences and solutions across multiple different touchpoints (both digital and physical) and platforms including web, iOS, and Android.
• Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• 5-8 years of UX research & strategy experience.
• Bachelor’s in human-computer interaction, psychology, graphic design, or design-related field or 4 years of equivalent experience.
• Background in a design agency, consultancy, or experience working in large, corporate environments.
• Experience designing digital B2B2C experiences across both web and mobile.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, and a willingness to adapt and customize them as needed.
• Effortless communication/presentation skills, natural collaborator and storyteller.
• Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Keynote to build, visually communicate, and evangelize design strategy and direction.
• Expert knowledge of Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar creative tools.
• Expert knowledge of the UserTesting platform or similar user research tools.
• Expert knowledge of Miro, MURAL, or other virtual platforms to design and lead workshops with various audiences.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of relevant experience
• 5 years of relevant experience