1 Second Everyday
is a video diary app that makes it easy to create the movie of your life. In a couple of minutes, parents can relive the first year of their child's life, look back at their last family vacation, or see their entire journey together. It gives anyone the power to reflect on school, friends, projects, and adventures. From our humble Kickstarter beginnings, we've grown into an award-winning app with millions of downloads.
About the iOS Developer position
We are a small but growing company looking for an iOS Developer to join our 100% distributed team. You will be an integral part of our iOS team and will work with our product design team on projects. As you’ll be joining a small iOS team, you will help define our culture. Including automated testing, code reviews, and pair programming.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- We’re offering between $72,000-$123,000 USD per year for this role based on your experience and cost of living.
- No share options or equity.
- This position requires travel to our semi-annual retreats (Last one was Peru and allowed families to come too!).
iOS Developer responsibilities:
- Drive software development in many parts of our iOS app including new features, fixing bugs, refactoring, etc.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Faithfully implement UI designs (with the understanding that it's a 2-way dialogue)
- Make an app that is a good citizen of the iOS platform by embracing OS features and UI conventions
- Work with our support team to help explain and resolve problems as they arise
iOS Developer requirements:
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Ability to work well with other people and communicate professionally
- Willingness to help others learn and grow without judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency with git
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Expert knowledge of Swift and at least some knowledge of Objective-C (we have about a 5:1 ratio of Swift to Objective-C)
- Experience with technical writing such as documentation and specifications
- Share and embody our company values
- Travel to our semi-annual retreats
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Experience with XCTest or other automated testing frameworks
- Experience with unidirectional data flow architecture like ReSwift (or Redux from the web world)
- Have used 1 Second Everyday.
Benefits & perks:
- Paid open vacation policy - We offer a MINIMUM of 2 weeks off each year. This isn't a vague policy where open vacation means no vacation.
- Healthcare benefits (currently only available in the United States)
- Travel Bonus - $500 per year for a NO WORK vacation on your anniversary.
- Wellness Bonus - $50 a month for a gym membership, yoga class, book club, or whatever makes you happy.
- 2 weeks paid parental leave.
- Conferences of your choice.
Why work at 1SE?
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are a diverse team and welcome all walks of life. 1 Second Everyday is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are continuously expanding our hiring capabilities in other geographies. However, at this time we are unable to hire employees and contractors
who reside and have to be paid in the specified countries below:
- North Korea
We encourage you to continue to check back with future postings as we continue to expand our operational abilities in these countries.
Don't think this position is the right fit? Check out our other open positions