We’re looking for an Interactive Designer who’s able to work alongside our production and development teams to create graphics and design elements for broadcasts that optimize a client’s branding and help us reinvent what interactive live streams can be. The Interactive Designer would also help refine the overall Hovercast brand, contribute to pitch decks, design fun swag and merch, as well as give feedback as we improve our design products.
- Design templates and graphics for live events and broadcasts that will be overlaid on video feeds
- Design templates and backgrounds that can be used for landing pages
- Help design and create pitches/decks for clients
- Work well under pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands
- Work with client branding and guidelines to elevate their pre-existing design elements
- Ability to communicate design approaches and complex situations clearly and simply (via voice, words, and pictures), listen actively, and convey difficult messages in a positive manner
Work Experience and Skills
- Design experience with a portfolio representing design artifacts and associated projects
- A confident, informed, and passionate point of view on design
- Expert experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, or similar creative software required, as well as communication and workflow platforms like Slack and Google Docs
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, positive demeanor and an open attitude, with the ability to collaborate with others
- Demonstrated leadership among creative peers
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of exploration and iteration
Bonus Points If You Can...
- Leverage clever web animation and effects to surprise and delight viewers
- Background/experience in animation or motion graphics is also preferred
- Experience giving and receiving feedback to partners in and outside of the creative department
Contract Has Potential to Become Full Time Position
Hovercast values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Hovercast is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.